Current Career Opportunities at the K20 Center
Game Designer and Writer
The Game Designer/Writer will write engaging game narratives, craft novel game mechanics, create new worlds, and write effective instructional content for educational video games.
- Writes and/or completes content and technical materials for educational digital games and applications.
- Writes and/or completes content and technical materials, to include but not limited to educational digital games, applications,manuals, research material, and protocols.
- Manages information such as data entry, technical reports, and research documents.
- Applies components of effective game-based learning to educational game design.
- Conducts research and compiles materials and information.
- Provides technical writing assistance to the K20 Center.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Graphic Artist and Videographer
The Graphics Designer and Videographer will use best practices in graphical design, photography, and videography to support project staff members as they craft, develop, and publish high-quality student curriculum and instructional resources, professional learning experiences, and college and career readiness activities. This incumbent’s job tasks will include:
- Graphic Design
- Creates content for digital platforms, in venue, and internal use.
- Responsible for shooting, developing, and editing video in the creation of high-impact video content.
- Records video concepts
- Sets up and breaks down recording equipment before and after use.
- Edits video footage
- Project Management
- Conceptualizes and plans video shoots, to include meeting with University or team members.
Software Quality Assurance Lead
The Quality Assurance Lead oversees the overall performance of all the applications developed by the K20 Center, such as educational games and the system to deliver and manage them. The QA Lead creates test cases, scripts, plans and procedures that ensure development of content, art and interaction as specified by the technical documents (Instructional Design Document, Game Design Document, and Technical Design Document). The QA lead follows stablished industry standards to test the software at specified milestones and reports issues into a database. The QA lead mentors and coordinates testers to run test cases, scripts, plans and generate issue reports as necessary. The QA lead creates and maintains a defect database and in coordination with team leads assigns said issues and perform regressions as needed. The QA Lead assist on the field testing of the games and makes recommendations to proper implementation. This incumbent’s job tasks will include:
- Technical Documentation
- Defect Management
- Application Implementation
- Talent Management
OETT Instructional Technology Specialist
Provide ongoing, high-quality professional learning activities for educators in the use of authentic technology integration and student-centered instructional practices to improve student academic readiness.
The Instructional Technology Curriculum Specialist will use evidence-based instructional practices to design, deliver, and support professional learning experiences for participating educators. The specialist will help educators adopt learner-centered instructional practices to foster higher-order thinking through real-world connections and substantive conversations that increase the learner’s depth of knowledge. This incumbent’s job tasks will include:
- Professional Learning Facilitation
- Instructional Design
- Instructional Coaching
- Participant Management
- Evidence-Based Practice
Game Play Programmer
Do you want a career that that positively influences all levels of education – benefiting the state, nation, and the globe? Then come join us at the K20 Center. Our mission is to cultivate a collaborative network engaged in research and outreach that creates and sustains innovation and transformation through leadership development, shared learning, and authentic technology integration. To help us achieve this mission, and the mission of the University of Oklahoma, we are looking for a Game Play Programmer to create educational games and develop all the software applications utilized by the K20 Center.
In addition to helping us make impact for a better future, the University of Oklahoma provides amazing benefits such as:
- 14 paid holidays per year
- 18 – 22 hours of PTO per month
- Insurance plans for you and your family
- Retirement options that require no contributions from the employee
- And much more! For more information on our benefits, click here.
If you would like to join the OU family, get your Resume and Cover Letter ready and click Apply Now! We look forward to hearing from you!
Essential Duties: A Game-Play Programmer will follow standards set by the industry and the K20 Center to implement projects that will be used by teachers and students. These projects may assist in student understanding of a subject, assess student abilities in an area, or be used to allow teachers to better organize curriculum’s based on findings from analyzed tracking data. These projects include educational games, tool sets used to implement these games, and any other educational software as it is needed by the K20 Center. This incumbent’s job tasks will include:
- Game Development
- Test-Driven Development
- Tool Development
- Technical Documentation
- Source Control
Office Assistant – Student Employee (Spring)
Basic Purpose/Job Function: Provide assistance to the Research and Evaluation team, which includes data entry, report production and analysis, and maintenance of the database system. This position is heavily detail-oriented, requiring daily in-depth use of the database system
Job Summary: Our organization needs a reliable, organized Office Assistant to manage the day-to-day administrative aspects of running the Center. The successful Office Assistant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. Office Assistant should be able to operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. The Office Assistant will be responsible for:
- Phones & Faxes
- Maintaining office supplies
- Front Desk Management
- Office Management
- Technological Troubleshooting & Asset Management
- Emergency Response
- Other miscellaneous tasks